Far Eastern Hectare
In accordance with Federal Law of May 1, 2016, No. 119 FL "On the specific features of providing to citizens land plots in state or municipal ownership and located or municipal ownership and located in the territories of subjects of the Russian Federation that are part of the Far Eastern Federal District and on amending certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation», every citizen of the Russian Federation has the right to receive a free land plot of up to 1 hectare in the Far East.
According to the Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VTsIOM) poll conducted at the end of 2016, the receipt of "Far Eastern hectare" is attractive (consider the possibility of obtaining) for 6% of all surveyed Russians and 11% for all interviewed Far Easterners.
The program "Far Eastern Hectare" is an additional incentive for moving to the Far East and for the self-employment of citizens living in the Far East.
About the Program
In 2016, the Far East had the best demographic dynamics over the past 25 years. Compared with the year 2015, the population outflow from the Far East decreased 1.5 times (from 14.7 to 9.5 thousand people) and by 2.2 times in comparison with the year 2014 (from 21 to 9.5 thousand people).
The Far Eastern Hectare program is an additional incentive for moving to the Far East and for the self-employment of citizens living in the Far East.
- 1. Attraction of citizens to a permanent place of residence in the territory of the Far Eastern Federal District;
- 2. Decreasing the outflow of local population;
- 3. Development of free territories of the Far East;
- 4. Expansion of economic activities of citizens, taking measures to support citizens who have obtained the right to a land plot under the project;
- 5. Ensuring the employment of the attracted population;
- 6. Creation of social, transport, energy, communication infrastructure for citizens who have obtained the right to the Far Eastern Hectare;
- 7. Creation of comfortable conditions of residing for citizens entitled to the Far Eastern Hectare and, ultimately, the formation of new settlements in the territory of the Far Eastern Federal District.
The Far Eastern Hectare program is being implemented consistently.
- Since June 1, 2016, plots have been provided in some municipalities of the Far Eastern regions.
- Beginning from October 1, 2016, the Far Easterners could receive their hectare on the entire territory of the corresponding DFO subject.
- Since February 1, 2017, this opportunity is granted to all citizens of Russia.
Federal Law of May 1, 2016, No. 119 FL assumes maximum freedom of self-fulfillment for citizens. To this end, a fundamentally new model for the provision of land plots is proposed: citizens can choose the plot themselves and conduct on it any activity permitted by the Russian law.
The information system is operated by the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre, and Cartography (Rosreestr).
The federal information system provides an opportunity for preparing a scheme for placing a land plot on a public cadastral map in the form of an electronic document, helps a citizen to prepare and send to an authorized body an application for granting a land plot for gratuitous use, as well as other documents and information, submission of which by a citizen to an authorized body is provided by law.
The Federal information system contains information on the boundaries of territories and areas of land that cannot be provided for gratuitous use; on the land plots owned by citizens and legal entities; on the territories with special conditions of use, the hunting grounds and the territories of cultural heritage objects; on the location of plots for which applications for gratuitous use have already been received.
Guidelines for submitting applications for the provision of land plot are available at www.hcfe.ru/hectare.
There are government support measures available to citizens interested in land plot development. These measures are aimed at efficient implementation of the Federal Law in the subjects of the Russian Federation within the Far Eastern Federal district. See hcfe.ru/support-measures.